Saturday, December 4, 2010

{My homemade Omelletes}

My boys and husband LOVE my omelletes. I must say, i love them too. :) hehe. I think they are nearly as good as IHOP's omelletes, but i don't use tons of butter like they do. If i used lots of butter then they would probably be just the same! I am going to explain how to make an omellete. I have made a lot of trial and error omelletes and i finally figured out how to make them. I made these last night and Gavin said to me "This is the best meal i have ever had!" Honestly, he says that about any good meal i make. :) Here is how i do it...

Ingredients:
1 tomato
1 green pepper
1/2 onion
hashbrowns
sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Sausage or bacon(optional)
eggs(2 per person)
milk

Directions:
I first start by getting my hashbrowns on the griddle before i even start chopping up the veggies. I then start chopping up the veggies into small chopped pieces. Set those aside. Start cooking your sausage or bacon. I use my round non-stick 9-10 inch pan. Heat it up one notch above medium. Spray with PAM spray. I whip up 2 eggs with about 1 TBS. of milk. Don't poor your eggs in the pan until the pan is completely heated through, nice and HOT. About 5-7 minutes. Poor your eggs in the pan making sure you move the pan in a circular motion to get the eggs up a little higher on the edge(scroll down for a picture). Continue to move in a circular motion to get the eggs to cook faster and evenly and pretty flat. When there isn't much movement left from the uncooked eggs still left on top, flip it over! Be careful not to break it! Once you flip it over start adding all your veggies, and meats, and cheese. Spread it thin and evenly. You don't want it thick b/c it will be hard to fold it up. After you have applied all the stuff on the omellete, gently slide the omellete out of the pan onto a plate. Let is sit for 30 seconds so that it isn't too hot when you roll it up. Then gently roll it up and WAHLLA! It's a beautiful rolled up omellete. You can add more cheese on top if you want.

TIP: You can put whatever you want in your omellete. We make them all kinds of ways. Strictly veggie, veggie and meat and hashbrowns, you can add a taste of garlic to your eggs, you can add herbs and spices of your choice. Do whatever you want!
Here is your omellete in the pan right after its been flipped and ready for the veggies to be put on top!

Stuffed with goodness! Look at that thing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment