Sunday, November 14, 2010

{Must Have in your Pantry and Fridge}

For starter's, here is a list of things i make sure to always have in my pantry that i use at least a couple times a week!
1.Basil
2.Chili Powder
3.Oregano
4.Cumin
5.Salt and Pepper
6.Canola Oil
7.Red wine vinegar
8.White Vinegar
9.Balsamic Vinegar
10.Fresh minced garlic in the small glass container. You can find it in the produce section.
11. Lemon and lime juice. I recommend the large containers of it. Not the small sqeezeable one's.

Again, i use all of those a few times a week. I always make sure i have plenty. Some other things i use often, but usually not as often as the previous listed seasonings are....
1.fresh basil
2.fresh oregano
3.onions
4.fresh parsley
5.tomatoes
6.garlic salt and powder
7.canned black beans
8.BROWN rice(yes, it takes longer to cook than regular, but it's so much better for you)


Now, i really hope i am not forgetting anything. If i am, i am sure my sister will chime in! She has a different cooking style than i do, so she might have different "must have's" than i do.

AND, oh my gosh, you cannot forget to make sure you have at least ONE good knife! I have about 3 really good knives. I LOVE them. I absolutely LOVE chopping up veggies with a good knife. If you don't have a good knife, you have no idea what you are missing. Once you use one you will be like "Where have you been my whole life?!" I received one of my favorite knives from Pampered Chef. Yes, it is expensive, but i promise it is worth it. Promise. And seriously, ladies, you are in the kitchen cooking everyday for your family, so invest in it! And if you don't have a family you should still invest. Home-cooked food is soooooo much better for you than eating out. You will save money and calories! There is nothing better than the smell of home-cooked food. Man i love it.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cook alot of recipes that don't call for minced garlic. I prefer garlic cloves. that way you can chop it, slice it, or mince it. depending on what you are cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know where you two get your energy but I love it. This sounds fun. :) I will enjoy checking in from time to time. Love Grams

    ReplyDelete