Tuesday, April 26, 2011

{Yummy and Quick Vegetarian Salad}

The main reason i am avoiding chicken is b/c it is helping me save about $30.00 a week on groceries. I sometimes cook it once a week and sometimes not at all during the week. I never use hamburger...if i do, again, it's once a week. I am not strictly vegetarian. I am just saving money. I refuse to buy only 80% lean hamburger. And the 93% lean is expensive. Anyway, i found AND tried this yummy vegetarian salad. I did it a little different from the original. I like to eat something different than my kids do for lunch. They like macaroni(but they can only eat it twice a week). Otherwise they eat pbj sandwiches or turkey(all natural, no added stuff) sandwiches. They have turkey lunch meat like that at wal-mart, in case you are wondering. It doesn't have those nitrites(is that correct?) in it and other added stuff they say you should avoid in lunch meat. I might eat a turkey sandwich with avocado on it and spinach and tomato with olive oil mayo. ANYWAY, getting to the point, this is a yummy healthy lunch. I enjoyed it and it filled me. I couldn't eat it all. Plus, garbanzo(aka:chickpeas) beans are so good for you!


Ingredients:

2 TBS. olive oil

3/4 TBS. red wine vinegar

1 TBS. mint, chopped

1 TBS. Basil(i didn't have basil so i put in about 1 tbs. pesto, which i keep on hand)

1 cup grape tomatoes(sliced in half)

Walnuts(i crush them up with my hands and put the amount in to my liking)

Feta cheese(however much you would like in it)

1 can garbanzo beans


Directions:

Mix it all together and enjoy!


Source: merrygourmet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment